Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Work in Progress

As I have been spring cleaning lately, it seems I make a bigger mess at times. I have tried to consolidate and organize all my projects and materials along the way, but it is a work in progress. I have ventured up into the attic to survey all my treasures that my dear husband (dh) doesn't appreciate the same way I do. What I call Shabby Chic, he calls old and dilapidated. It has been fun to rediscover things I had forgotten about once life got more complicated.
I have been mindful of childproofing during this time and it makes me sad to retire (temporarily) some of my favorite pieces of decor. Safety is far more important of coarse, as Mya learns to walk. Her clothes are hard enough to keep up with since babies grow so fast that first year. I think we have done a good job of not going overboard with toys, stuffed animals and movies for the kids...yet! lol
I have been filing recipes, with good intentions of making most of them in my lifetime. It is amazing all the napkins and small scraps of paper I have found that I documented my important ideas on. Pieced together, all the notes to self are like a mosaic of my life that I could journal. From the trail of paper, one can see that my mind is always actively dreaming up ideas to try or songs to download, etc.  I hope that once I do get organized I can stay on top of it, it seems that being organized will always be something I strive for.

No comments:

Search This Blog